Monday, September 7, 2009

DJs With Big Egos

Before I begin this blog I am going to start out with quotes I have heard egomaniac DJs say over the years. Enjoy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"He's just mad his girl wants to go home with me instead of him"

"What? We have to wait in line and pay cover charge?"

**On Air** "Yes have no fear, I have arrived"

"This entire station would crumble if it weren't for me"

**On Air** "To all the people calling to haggle me, I don't go to your job at McDonalds to haggle you"

"It was obvious he didn't know who I was and who he was dealing with"

"People would much rather hear me crack jokes than listen to music"

"You must have forgotten that I am the talent and you carry and setup my equipment"


Wow, just wow. I assure you each of the above quotes are real. I consider this to be the flaw of the industry. DJs from all over seem to think they are someone special just because they are on the radio. Granted only a handful of people in any given city get to do what we do and yes it is a cool job. But that does not give anyone the right to think that they are better than the average Joe. I have seen certain DJs who will remain nameless think that once they walk into a room that everyone should basically drop what they are doing to acknowledge them. Please allow me to attempt to put the DJs who seem to think this way in their place.

**Ahem**
I am not trying to be a traitor to the people in my industry. But if you think you are better than other people and have a big head, you are no one important. You talk on the radio. You do not contribute a huge chunk to society except give the people that do something to listen to.

Now I might get some backlash for this blog but this is an issue that really bothers me. But then again those who might feel the need to backlash me might be the insecure ones who assume I am directing this at them. In fact this is their ego inflating all over again. I am directing this at no one. This is a broad generalization at any DJ that tends to act this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment