Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hi... My Name Is Eric. And I'm a Radio-Holic.

Hi there! My name is Eric Seigel and like many of my radio brethren, I'm currently unemployed. OK, not completely. I serve people coffee at Starbucks. But I'm otherwise unemployed. I have a long history in radio...

Here's a quick resume... I started in 1992 as an intern and Assistant Promotions Director at WKCI (KC 101) in New Haven, CT. Did some on-air there as well. I spent the summer of 1995 at WQGN (Q105) in Groton, CT on-air. From 1995 to 2000 I worked at WTIC AM&FM in Hartford in several positions including on-air, Promotions Director, and National Sales Promotion Director. Somewhere in this time frame I also worked on the client side as an Account Director for a radio promotions agency called TMPG. In 2000, I got a call out of the blue inviting me to interview for the Promotions Director job at WRKO-AM in Boston. I took the job and stayed a little less than a year. After a stint of unemployment, I got out of radio and became a fundraiser for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Although, I wasn't out of radio completely. I started doing weekend airshifts at the radio station that I grew up listening to. WRKI (I-95) in Danbury, CT. When the Marketing Director left, they offered me the job. Which I promptly turned down. 5 times. Realizing how much I missed the business, I eventually took the job overseeing marketing and promotions for both I-95 and WDBY (Y-105). 3 years after that, apparently it was time to "make a change". 2 years after that... well, I can make a mean 1/2 caf grande non-fat sugar-free vanilla extra carmel carmel macchiato.

I'm looking forward to blogging about my experiences. A lot of my posts will be about radio through the eyes of a promotions person. I hope that you find them interesting and leave comments. I have a personal blog (which sorely needs to be updated) where you can see my resume (you know... if you're hiring) called Blogged Down.

Welcome to Radio-Twit. We're glad that you're here. Please don't forget to tip your waitresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment