Saturday, September 5, 2009

Dominique's Introduction



Hello, my name is Dominique Garcia.

I first entered the world of radio on May 30th, 2000 and fell in love with it from the moment I first walked through the door. I like to dub myself as someone who has held everything from the most insignificant job in radio all the way to a full time on air slot.

My entire career has been spent in Texas. I have worked for such stations such as 550am KTSA, the legendary 102.7 KTFM, XHTO 104.3 Hit FM, KNDA 102.9 Da Bomb, and KXXM Mix 96.1

I would go more into depth on what my career has entailed but it can all be told in a short cliffnote that goes like this...

Got job as a AM talk board op. Wanted to be a jock on CHR sister station. Joined the street team and busted my tail and eventually landed as a board op on that CHR station. Hiring freeze and people were fired and I begged my boss to give me a shot and he did. After a while on air I eventually got offered a position as a night jock in El Paso. After a year in El Paso I returned to San Antonio. I was out of work for a few months then landed a morning show in Corpus Christi, TX. When that was over I was out of work for over a year. During that year I begged one local program director every single week to hire me. After 11 months of harassment, he finally did hire me. Been there ever since.

I am also a blogger for the local newspapers website and I blog about radio related events, music, or local artist or venues. I would like to acknowledge that I am still young. I think my blogs will be slightly different than the others here on this blog since I work in the CHR format. I humbly admit I do not know everything there is about radio, but am pleased to be sharing my knowledge and insight with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment