Thursday, September 10, 2009

Intro from Dan Walker Smith

Hello, just a quick intro from me: I'm Dan, I'm a journalist from London. I started out in radio, like so many before me, with a show on college radio in Edinburgh, before moving down to London to be a broadcast journalist.

I had various freelance jobs in broadcasting before moving into print journalism, though I kept a couple of shows going on community and college stations. A year or so ago I won the Alistair Cooke Award for Journalism, which led to a Fulbright Scholarship studying at Stanford. This gave me the chance to get my teeth back into proper broadcasting - I had a couple of shows on KZSU and I wrote my MA thesis on how podcasting is affecting traditional radio. I love radio, I'm fascinated by podcasting, and I'm keen to see the audio format thrive.

So what you'll get from me is a British perspective on what's happening over here. It'll all be quite light-hearted, and chances are it'll be general commentary, rather than an inside scoop. If you've got any questions you want me to consider, just drop me a comment, and I'll see what I can do. Cheers, DWS.

Oh, and this is what I look like:

No comments:

Post a Comment